Environmental and 消费者健康服务 are open and customers are urged to first make an appointment.
- Water samples may be dropped off with Chain of Custody and payment in the foyer at Entrance D. Sampling bottles and forms are available in the foyer.
The 领取饮用水样本 Center at the 全球十大网赌排行 (Health District) provides a safe and secure drop-off option for those requesting analytical testing of drinking water samples. Samples are transported from the drop-off center and analyzed by an outside NELAP certified laboratory not associated with the Health District.
Drinking Water Information and Testing
The 领取饮用水样本 Center (Drop-Off Center) at the 全球十大网赌排行 (GCHD) provides a safe and secure drop-off option for those requesting analytical testing of drinking water samples. The Drop-Off Center accepts samples of water intended for human consumption and use. Water is tested for the presence of Total Coliform and E.杆菌. The analysis takes 24 hours to complete. Samples are transported from the drop-off center and analyzed by Eastex Environmental Laboratory, 公司., an outside NELAP certified laboratory not associated with the Health District.
Laboratory 费用 and Payment Options
Please contact Eastex directly at 1-800-525-0508 for payment options or with any questions related to your account. GCHD will not accept cash or credit cards for drinking water payments. We will accept a money order but it must be made out to “Eastex Environmental Laboratory.” GCHD will not issue a receipt for your money order payment and will accept no liability for the loss of these items.
Eastex does not accept credit card payments over the phone.
测试结果问题Any and all questions about your test results should be directed to Eastex Environmental Laboratory, 公司. at 1-800-525-0508.
Sample Acceptance (Sample is valid for 30 hours after collection)
- Drinking water samples must be submitted in sterile bottles available at the Drop-Off Center.
- Drinking water sample(s) must be accompanied with a TCEQ Microbial Reporting Form (Chain of Custody). 你可以下载并打印一份 在这里, pick up a copy at the Drop-Off Center or download one from Eastex Environmental Laboratory website.
- Place the drinking water sample bottle on top of the Chain of Custody form (do not fold form) and attach your payment to the form.
- Leave the drinking water sample bottle, Chain of Custody form and your payment on the table provided in the foyer.
- Samples should be submitted in the foyer of the 环境卫生服务, 9850-D Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, Texas (Entrance “D” is in the back of the Mid County Annex).
- Drinking water samples will only be accepted for drop-off from customers on the first business day of the week, from 8-11a.m. If a holiday is on Monday, samples will be accepted on Tuesday.
- If you have questions about sample drop off, please contact Jon Burns at 409-938-2325 or Katie Wilson at 409-938-2310.
- 选择一个冷水龙头, preferably an outside faucet that does not leak (avoid hoses, 肮脏的地方, 等.). Do not take samples from kitchen or bathroom sinks.
- Avoid sampling on extremely windy days or when it is raining.
- Remove any screen or attachment to the faucet.
- Clean the faucet head with isopropyl alcohol or bleach solution and/or flame with a handheld torch.
- Run the water 2 or 3 minutes to clear the line.
- Adjust the flow to a slow, steady stream.
- Remove the shrink band from the bottle (do not use the bottle if the shrink band is missing).
- 把瓶盖打开. Do not touch the inside of the lid or the bottle. 不要把瓶子冲洗干净.
- Fill the bottle ABOVE the 100ml line to at least the shoulder of the bottle, leaving adequate
- Under-filled and overfilled bottles will not be analyzed
- 不冷冻样品. Frozen samples will not be analyzed.
- Sample is valid for 30 hours after collection.